In today's economic climate you need to look for ways to save money when owing a home. Everyone looks to cut their home expense especially in the summer months. Hopefully these tips will help you to conserve some energy so you can enjoy spending the extra money on something fun.
Energy Saving Tips
Making simple changes can boost your home’s value. To make your home more energy efficient:
1. Lower the thermostat on your water heater.
2. Check for air leaking around doors.
3. Close the air vents in rooms not in use.
4. Keep heat producers far from your thermostat in summer.
5. Clean your furnace and air conditioner filters.
6. Operate large appliances during low-use periods in summer.
7. Request an energy audit.
8. Replace deficient insulation and inefficient appliances.
9. Buy fluorescent light bulbs.
10. Look into EEM Mortgages (for benefits when purchasing a home that is energy efficient or can be made efficient by incorporating energy-saving improvements; for more info, contact the US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development).